Welcome



Greetings everyone, Allow me to introduce myself. I am one of the creators of this blog that you see here before you. I am Gregory Laporte and I am a student, gamer, workout head, aspiring sociologist and all around fun loving guy. I'm currently a student at the University of Rhode Island in my fifth year. I will be graduating with a major in sociology and also a minor in French. I have the ability to speak 3 different languages English, French and Haitian (French/creole). I am the youngest of four children and I also do many extra curricular activities.

Here are some of the extra activities that I do. I am the assistant editor at www.gamerfitnation.com this is a website where we combine Gaming and Health in order to promote a healthy lifestyle within the gaming community. This is where my love for sociology stems from. I look a lot at the society of gaming and see many of the things that happen in their society that I can speak greatly on. I am an avid gamer so i have experience many of these things first hand. I want to put my voice and thoughts out there for all people to read. I feel as though studies and research that currently focus on video games and society are looking at it the wrong way. I am also the treasurer of the University of Rhode Island Iron Cage Society (Sociology Club). We are doing great things and I will post the link below so that you can join our Facebook Page and see what we are doing.


This blog was created based on the idea that Mike and I have of a lot of sociological ideas that we want to share with the world. We both have many ideas and skills that we think will provide a better understanding and knowledge to others out in the world. We are very resourceful individuals and skilled in our own unique areas. We will be posting our thoughts on current events and issues that arise. There may even be an article or two that we may post if we find it interesting. This blog is for everyone so do not be afraid to comment.

If you want to follow me and some of the things I do check out these links.

Facebook Group  "Iron Cage Society" http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_145866155477265
Twitter @theownerz http://twitter.com/#!/theownerz
Gaming and Health website: www.gamerfitnation.com

If you need to contact me, send me an email at xtheownerzx@gmail.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Bfigaro said...

Great idea. I wish you guys the best of luck on your blog. And congratulations one graduation!

Post a Comment